[Close] 

6th Annual Bike SWAP for sale in Duluth, MN

1 of 1
6th Annual Bike Swap Northlanders get a chance to buy and sell used bikes at United Way of Greater Duluth's Bike Swap held each year at Continental Ski & Bike, 1305 E. 1st Street in Duluth. It s easy to participate. If you have a bike in good condition that you would like to sell, you check it in at Continental Ski & Bike prior to the actual swap day. If the bike sells, the Seller receives 75% of the selling price while the remaining 25% will be donated to community programs through United Way of Greater Duluth. You don t need to sell a bike to buy a bike. Bike purchases are open to the public. If you have questions, there will be plenty of cyclists on hand to help you choose the bike that s right for you. Sorry, no early sales or bike viewings. Continental Ski & Bike owner, Bill Howard said, The swap is a great way for families to stretch a buck and we re excited to be a sponsor. It s also a great way to promote healthy living and helping the community through United Way. For more information, contact Continental Ski & Bike at (218) 728-4466 or give us a call at United Way of Greater Duluth at (218) 726-4770. Our 6th Annual Bike Swap date: April 21 & 22 Be Involved! The Bike Swap is a fundraiser for United Way and also offers affordable bikes for sale to the community. We depend on people like you to keep the Bike Swap running smoothly. There are a number of ways you can help out. Sell A Bike Do you have an old bike in reasonable condition gathering dust in your garage? Bring it to Continental Ski & Bike in mid-March to sell it at the Bike Swap. Bike experts will be on hand to help you set a price. If your bike sells, you get 75% of the selling price and the remaining 25% goes to United Way programs in the Duluth area. Donate A Bike You can donate a bike directly to United Way. Just drop off your bike anytime prior to April 20th, 2012 at Continental Ski & Bike: Monday-Friday, 9 AM-7 PM; Saturday 9 AM -6 PM, Sunday 11 AM -5 PM. Your donated bike will be sold at the Bike Swap with 100% of the proceeds donated to United Way for community projects here in the Duluth area. Buy A Bike If you're looking for a new-to-you bike, the sale runs 10 AM -5 PM Saturday, April 21st and 11 AM - 3 PM Sunday, April 22nd. Bike experts can help you pick out the perfect bike to fit your needs. You don't have to sell a bike to buy a bike. Sorry, we can t offer early sales or viewing of bikes. Things to Remember: Free youth bike helmets with purchase of youth bike while supplies last! We can only accept cash or credit card. Only bikes in reasonable condition will be accepted. You don t have to bring a bike to buy one!

Safe Trade


Don't Be Fooled

  • When selling, do not put your home address in your ad.
  • To avoid scams, buy and sell with people you can meet locally, in person.
  • When meeting with someone you don't know, meet in a public place. If that's not possible, have a buddy with you. Also, carry a cell phone; if you feel unsafe, you can call a trusted friend, and stay on the line.
  • Never give out financial or private information like account numbers, PayPal login, or social security number.
  • If an offer sounds too good to be true, it is. Walk away!